The Panjab national football team represents Panjab in International football and is controlled by Panjab FA (Football Association of Panjab Limited) the football organisation for national team football worldwide
- Panjab FA achieved national football team status September 2014 under CONIFA, this achievement will now allow Panjab National Football team to compete on the international football stage.
- Panjab Football Association is aligned to Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, the King and Ruler of Panjab and Sarkar-e-Khalsa between 1799-1849. Maharaja Ranjeet Singh died in 1839.
- The Kingdom of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh stretches from Panjab in north east of Pakistan, to current Panjab in north West of India and beyond. This is the period where Panjab established a nation and a national identity.
- It was under this period where people living in Panjab experienced a wonderful glow of freedom, fair trade, equal rights and freedom of faith and religion without discrimination. His rules and belief of no to discrimination and opportunities for all is in cohesion with the ethics of the game today.
- Maharaja Ranjeet Singh is considered the most iconic Panjabi patriot in the last 200 years. He is respected by both India and Pakistan and is attached to the history of both great nations.
- Maharaja Ranjeet Singh is the Patron iconic figure for Panjab FA. All players from the lineage background of the King qualifies to represent Panjab.